Boris Šváby | Partner
T + 421 (2) 52 44 21 81
M + 421 903 270 531
F + 421 (2) 52 44 21 82
Boris Šváby has been practicing law since 2001. He provides legal services to Slovak, English and French speaking clients in corporate and commercial matters, taking full account of the European Union law.
Boris has extensive experience with corporate law, mainly with mergers and acquisitions (in particular with so-called middle-market transactions), usually representing the buyers. He has so far been involved in more than 20 transactions, where clients have acquired or sold shares or assets in various Slovak companies.
Boris’s corporate experience includes establishing joint ventures and negotiating shareholders agreements.
Boris is also experienced in real property transactions. He advised in several greenfield and brownfield projects, including lease agreements negotiations and setting up of usufruct rights over land and structures.
Boris has extensive expertise in litigation and in debt collection. Recently he represented foreign banks and insurance companies (as defendants) in proceedings before the Slovak courts. Boris also specializes on questions related to the jurisdiction of the Slovak courts with respect to the European Union law.
Boris is also focused on labour law, where he advises many temporary employment agencies. Further, while advising various international groups, Boris has acquired experience in matters concerning cross-border employees secondment in the European Union and in matters concerning mass dismissals. Boris also advises clients on legal aspects of relations between companies and managers, including the termination of such relations.
Boris is fluent in English and French.
- legal assistance to a French first tier automotive parts supplier with respect to a green field investment project for the construction of a production facility in Slovakia, including drafting of the project's engineering and construction contracts
- complete legal assistance to a French company with respect to the acquisition of a majority stake of shares in a Slovak manufacturer of metal products
- legal assistance to a French operator of car parks with respect to a PPP project of construction of an underground car park (the Ministry of Employment, Social Affairs and Family being the public partner in the project)
- complete legal assistance to the pipe division of a major French group with respect to the acquisition of the business activity of its former Slovak distributor of water pipes
- legal due diligence of a Slovak producer of automotive products for a major American producer of automotive components
- legal due diligence of an industrial complex and transactional work with respect to the acquisition of an industrial complex in Trnava by a French producer of automotive components
- legal assistance to a leading French operator of car parks in its acquisition of a public car park in the center of Bratislava
- legal assistance to a Swiss producer of digital mediums in its EUR 100 million green-field investment in Western Slovakia, including its representation at Slovak state authorities in the procedure of granting of state incentives
- legal assistance to a French company with respect to the acquisition of a Slovak producer of textile goods
- legal assistance to a French car producer in the procedure of notification to the Slovak Antitrust Office of an agreement restraining competition
- legal assistance to a foreign developer company concerning the construction of a commercial center in Eastern Slovakia
- legal assistance to a number of foreign investors in their green-field and brown-field investments in Slovakia, including establishment of companies, entering into lease agreements, acquisition of land and industrial premises and setting up of contractual relations with suppliers and clients
- representation of clients with respect to in-court and out-of-court collection of receivables, representation in civil litigation and arbitration
Education and Honors
- Comenius University in Bratislava, 2001
- European Integration and Internationalisation Studies (specialisation EU law issues) - joint European Program organized by 12 Universities throughout EU (1998 – 1999)
- Universidad Complutense (Madrid, 1998)
- Shearman & Sterling (Paris, 2000) – three months traineeship at this global law firm, International Arbitration Department
- Court Admissions and Affiliations
- Slovak Bar Association (2005)
Articles and Speeches
- Contribution to the legal section of the information guide “How to enter the Slovak market” issued by Mazars Slovakia, s.r.o. (2004)
- Article “Avocat en direct de Bratislava” published in the legal magazine CultureDroit, N° 9, September – October 2006
- Article “Mezzanine loans in leveraged buy - outs “ published in the Investment Guide 2006, The Slovak Spectator